Wednesday, August 24, 2011

And the garden is finally done!

Ta Daaaaa!  Here it is!  I've been working on it just a few minutes a day, but had Tuesday off and decided, when it cooled off a bit, to just finish it.  The problem is landscape cloth.  I guess I should have laid it down, cut holes and dug holes thru it and then planted the plants but that seemed so....messy. So I put the plants in and then had to lay the cloth around the plants. A real pain, let me tell you.  I don't think there is any easy way to do this and it was further complicated by rose plants, which have thorns, which stick to it if you aren't careful.
 This one shows the hummingbird feeders.  I moved it about 3 or 4 feet from where it was originally located.  The wasps were not happy about it.  I had to move it because I didn't want to lay the cloth over the base of it.  The darker mulch is just damp, it will all be the same color when it dries out in a day or so.
As usual, I was carefully watched by the Peanut Gallery.  This is temporary fence that we put up until we can have a bit of time to fence the front yard properly.  And it's decent enough that I can live with it for the time being.  But it's actually my puppy fencing and will need that set up in the back yard at some point.
This is Carling:
This is Zophia:
This is Trinity and Zophia:

2 comments: