Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Breakfast

There are a lot of yummy things served for breakfast in Kentucky and I'm sure in the rest of the USA, too, but our favorite thing is bacon and biscuits.  I have posted before about the search for a very good biscuit, I won't say perfect as I need to leave the door open for the perfect biscuit.  But bacon has been a problem lately. For one thing, the price has increased quite a bit since we moved here.  It used to be that I could find a pound of bacon for around 4.00 and sometimes it would even be somewhat lean.  However, it's gone up to around 5.29 now and mostly fatty. I found some less expensive bacon at one of the less expensive grocery stores but it was very stringy and not very tender.
This week I found 2 1/2 lbs of bacon for 9.99!  And the name of the product was, of course, perfect.

 Look how lean it is!
 I have learned to cook bacon in the oven, 400 degrees for about 25 minutes.  My oven cooks a little cooler, normally it would be around 375, so experiment with your oven.  I have also learned to use parchment paper which makes clean up so much easier, and good heavy aluminum pans.
 It comes out so crispy and brown and without leaving your stove top a greasy mess!
Then add in the very good biscuits...Yum!
I must talk about grits sometime, too!

1 comment:

  1. Dang, me and Stella wanna have breakfasts at your place!! Hoo hoo, very yummy looking.

    Debba & Stella the Fluff

    ReplyDelete