Sunday, May 1, 2011

Happiness, The Bluebird

Yep, he exists.  He lives here with Mrs. Happiness, who is nesting in the nest box out back.  They raised two broods last summer, one nearly lost his life late one evening, the corgis were after "something" and I ran down the one who had something in its mouth.  It was Little Happiness (not sure if it was a boy or a girl) who was newly fledged and stupidly decided to begin his/her maiden voyage of flight very late one evening.  I managed to save it, stuffed it back in its little box and the next morning he/she was gone. Thankfully!  :)  I'll try to get a better photo of Happiness for you all.
My friend Jan, came to visit a few weeks back and so I made her a picture pie.  Here it is:
I did it in honor of Spring, which she doesn't have. And probably not even just yet, as she lives in mid Maine!  We had lots of daffodils blooming then so I thought this was an appropriate subject for the pie.  It was chicken and Jan loved it!
And don't think I don't mess pies up.  I mean, they always taste good but I tried to do one with the sun, moon and a comet on it.  Oh, my!  It didn't even rate a photo.  The comet resembled a four tailed sperm.  I didn't want to end up on Cake Wrecks or anything!  (see www.cakewrecks.blogspot.com for more incredibly bad as well as incredibly amazing cakes!).
Last are some photos of the pups. Here is Kitten:
This is Carling (Kar-leen):
Last of all is pretty Zophia:
I'll give them all a kiss from each of my readers!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment