Friday, June 17, 2011

The Fascinating Skies of Kentucky

If you are a regular reader of this blog, then you know the fascination I have with the sunrises, sunsets, clouds and other phenomenon that occurs in our skies.  I took these photos this week over a period of about 20 or 30 minutes, some in the east, some in the west.  There was a front or two or three that moved over and the lovely and unusual clouds that occurred were really something to see.  I was happy that I was home and able to take these photos.
So let's start with the first one.  We had a front that passed over and Jerry yelled at me to come outside and see this cloud to the east of us (was moving from west to east):
It looked like a big spaceship.  Here are some more:




Then, when this passed by, there was a rainbow.  Not only a rainbow, but a full rainbow and the hint of a second one next to it on the right side:

My camera just could not quite catch the full beauty of this rainbow.  It was spectacular.  This was also seen in the east.
Back to the west, we then saw this:
Which was a light pink that did not show up very well in the photo above.  Then it became this:
And then this:
In a couple of minutes, it then became this:
I have never seen a show like this in my life.
Out to the east, the rainbow had disappeared but it was still lovely:
It went on the next morning.  I got up to find this to the south:
 I love my new state and wish all my friends could be here with us!


No comments:

Post a Comment