Saturday, March 5, 2011

More Spring (and some puppy videos!)

This week we saw quite a bit of spring, and sadly, I didn't have my camera with me.  I did get a couple of shots of fat buds on the trees here in the yard, though:

We think the one below is a variety of Magnolia, what I used to call a Tulip tree when I was a kid. These buds are just aching to open up!  Driving to work this week, we saw a blooming forsythia, a lot of very green willows and the tops of many trees are covered in red buds that are starting to open.  How welcome this is to see at this time of the year!  And remember that the beginning of this week it was still FEBRUARY!  We would not see this in Northern Michigan for 2-3 more months.
Here is a photo of a robin, not a very good one:
OH!  That's not a robin!  That's a guinea!  Here's the robin:
I really had to zoom in and lose my clarity when I do that.  The other day at lunch, Jerry and I counted about a dozen zooming around the park we were eating at.  It was sprinkling and the worms must have been coming up for air. I have never seen so many robins in one place before!


Here is a lovely sunset that I took a photo of this week:

Every one here is so beautiful, even the "plainer" ones without the clouds to bounce the sunshine off of.
We did have a storm come through this week, everyone was freaked out about it. Sheesh.  I am so tired of the weather being news.  We had about 30 minutes of hard rain, a stiff breeze and then drizzle all day.  Hey, folks!  It's a rainstorm!  Get over it!  :)
Here are what my daffodils (called Buttercups down here) looked like early this week:
They have grown a couple of inches since then.  There are several unexpected beds of these around the yard and I could not be more thrilled.  I planted some different pink tulips for some color this spring in the little garden out front and they are peeking up, too.  I hope to put ever bearing roses out there in a month or so.  They have some gorgeous ones that bloom and bloom all summer.  Finally I will have a rose garden!
There is a vacant lot in town with about a million planted there, I thought I would go and swipe some.  No one even lives near by there so I am hoping that no one minds me doing that.  However, you may all contribute to my legal funds if I am caught.  :)  They are blooming like crazy.  Oh, I am not taking the bulbs, just a few of the flowers. :)
Now for the main event!  Here are the pups with their first cardboard box. Today they will be introduced to Fort Box, where they can play CowPersons and First Nation (what Canada calls their native people). We must be politically correct, mustn't we?  :)  I will try and tape that later on when I give them their first real box.

And then there is the one that I took last night, dizzying fast pups, playing with the awesome new toy I got for them.  It's a Nylabone brand one and they really did like it a lot!

Have a great weekend, everyone and more Spring Things will be posted next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment